Assassin's Creed 2
(Redirected from Assassin's Creed/Assassin's Creed 2)
|Assassin's Creed||Assassin's Creed 2||Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood||Assassin's Creed: Revelations||Assassin's Creed 3|
|Assassin's Creed 2 Banner|
|Assassin's Creed 2|
|Release Date(s)||November 17, 2009|
Assassin's Creed 2 is the highly anticipated sequel to the popular 2007 hit Assassin's Creed published by Ubisoft. Unlike its predecessor, this game will be set in the Italian Renaissance with a different main character who is another ancestor of Desmond Miles. Developed for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, Assassin's Creed 2 is the third game in the Assassin's Creed franchise and was released on November 17, 2009.
 Plot Information
Ubisoft has recently released more information concerning some of the details of their highly anticipated sequel. Some of the new information reveals characters and locations to be featured in the game.
The protagonist of Assassin's Creed 2 is an Italian nobleman of Florence whose name is Ezio Auditore da Firenze. Ezio is another one of Desmond's ancestors and a descendant of Altaïr Ibn La-Ahad, the protagonist of Assassin's Creed. Other characters to be featured in the game include Machiavelli, Caterina Sforza, Leonardo da Vinci, and Lorenzo de Medici.
The team (comprising of 240 members) working on Assassin's Creed 2 has announced several new features to be added to the gameplay, as well as removing some other aspects included in the first game. One of the more prominent features included in the first game which is being able to free climb towers and ride horses, will be retained in this game.
- Much more weapons to choose from, including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades.
- Gliding on Da Vinci's flying machine.
- Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
- Players can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
- Each weapon has a special move.
- 16 unique mission types.
- No more eavesdropping or pick-pocketing missions.
- If you sustain too much damage to your health you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.
- Hidden objects (like flags in Assassin's Creed) are there to uncover but this time if players track them down they will be rewarded with in-game bonuses that make it worth the time.
- Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that hasn't been mentioned.
- New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're nearby.
- While hiding in a hay bail, players can assassinate people this time, but it may expose their position if a guard is nearby.
- There will be a night and day sequence in the game.
- Players will be able to assassinate people underwater.
- Players will have different tools to use to evade guards. One of these being smoke bombs.
- If the player wishes to play without a HUD, birds will be used to highlight objectives, and to guide you.
 Assassin's Creed 2 News on GameGrep
- rated a news article (Feb 17, 2010)