This is a guide for multi-player game play in Cataract. Cataract is the most popular multiplayer map in the game and understanding this map is crucial to your enjoyment of the game and success in playing against others. The guide focuses on 3v3 and 2v2 strategy.
DemiGod has general strategies and character build strategies that are important, but each map also has its own very basic strategy that when followed increases your odds of success. This guide tries to identify some of those strategies and points for Cataract.
 Basic Introduction to Cataract
Some points to note:
- Cataract has many towers, so creeps from your portals take a long time to reach the enemy citadel.
- Cataract has 2 portals per team, and has 2 farming lanes
- Each side has a gold flag.
- The middle of the map is where the flag contention (and thus War Rank contention) takes place.
- There is one of each an Experience flag, Mana flag, and Health flag.
 Basic Strategies
Aside from the General strategies of holding flags, farming creeps, and destroying towers, here are some other basic strategies for Cataract:
- Hold the HP flag. This is critical in most games. In 3v3 most teams will put 2 players on the HP flag and one on the Mana flag
- Control at least 2 out of the 3 middle flags at all times to build more war rank than your opponents. This is MORE IMPORTANT than pursuing kills of enemy DemiGods. Because most teams are trying to contest each of the side flags where the creep lanes are, if you cannto control one of the flags be sure to get the middle Experience flag to keep the opposing team off balance (all good teams try to control 2 flags, so getting the middle flag and holding one side flag will force the other team to leave one flag and go to the middle).
- Destroy the two side towers before any other towers. These are the side towers protecting the opposing team's Gold and Brilliance flags.
- Keep team mates in each lane as much as possible, so that you can farm creeps and protect the two side towers at the same time.
- Do NOT leave the side towers if there are enemies in the lane! If you leave they will probably attack the tower.
- Get Fortified Structures 1 Citadel upgrade as early as possible so that the two side towers have a better chance of staying alive.