Dying Will Flame
Tsunayoshi Sawada gained strength at the start of the Katekyo Hitman Reborn series, however these flames later become more crucial to the story line and are created from ones resolve. They are used as a primary weapon against targets. During the Future Arcs, Mafioso use these flames to fight one another. A Dying Will Flame can be hereditary, meaning that one family could have the same flame passed down generation after generation, and are thus inherited through the family. There are seven different types of flames used by the Vongola Famiglia and are called "The Seven Flames of Sky", these flames are; Sky, Storm, Sun, Lightning, Cloud, Mist and Rain. Each of the flames have different colours, each one matching to a specific colour of the rainbow, and with a specific and unique characteristic to each. Also during the Future Arcs these flames are used to activate Box Weapons, these boxes produce other weapons such as swords, shields, and even animals all to strengthen and reinforce the user. Reborn denotes that Dying Will Flames are essentially a dense form of Aura, Kyoya Hibari represents soundly, whereas the Cloud Arcobaleno, Skull differs greatly from this description. Generally speaking, the stronger a persons resolve is, the purer the flame and and greater the demonstration of the flames personality.
 Flame Types
 Sky (Cielo)
- Colour: Orange
- Characteristic: Harmonisation (Armonia)
- Japanese Translation: Oozora (大空)
- Ability: Petrification
- Known Users: Tsunayoshi Sawada, Byakuran, Iemitsu Sawada, Giotto, Timoteo (and all previous Vongola Bosses), Xanxus, Dino, Luce, Aria, Uni
- Description: It is said that users of the Sky Flame are very rare and hardly any are born with the ability to channel the flame, and it is said to be the most powerful flame type in the world. With it's characteristic of Harmonisation it can maintain the balance between the other flames and thus contains neither conflict or contradiction.
- Appearance: It is orange in colour, with the strongest shade in he center and becoming paler towards the edges and spikes. It oscillates and looks similar to the Rain Flame.
 Storm (Tempesta)
- Colour: Red
- Characteristic: Degeneration (Destruzione)
- Japanese Translation: Arashi (嵐)
- Ability: Degeneration
- Known Users: Gokudera, Fon, Zakuro, Rasiel, Belphegor, Bianchi, Tazaru, Nosaru, Baishana, G., Coyote Nougat.
- Description: Anything that touches these flames can break down and corrode, even other flames. Because of this, it has extremely high destructive capabilities.
- Appearance: This variant is almost opaque in it appearance. Having a concentrated red colour in the center, with a paler inner ring, and outward facing spikes being almost the same concentrated red as the center. In the manga, these flames are distinguished by their dark appearance.
 Rain (Pioggia)
- Colour: Blue
- Characteristic: Tranquility (Calma)
- Japanese Translation: Ame (雨)
- Ability: Tranquility
- Known Users: Yamamoto Takeshi, Superbi Squalo, Basil, Asari Ugetsu, Hayato Gokudera, Colonnello, Lal Mirch, Glo Xinia, Bluebell, Olgert, Schnitten Brabanters
- Description: With the flames attribute of tranquility, they can weaken flames and other attacks. IE Illusions, causing them to become almost completely ineffective (depending on the purity and output of the flame). The stronger the resolve and flame, the weaker the enemies attack becomes, this type of flame can also slow down a targets movements and body.
- Appearance: The Flame is light blue in colour, with white sparkles throughout giving it the look of water. The flame is almost opaque, with a darker pale blue in the center with an even paler blue on the edge. It also oscillates.
 Sun (Soreno)
- Colour: Yellow
- Characteristic: Activation (Attivazione)
- Japanese Translation: Hare (太)
- Ability: Activation
- Known Users: Ryohei Sasagawa, Reborn, Knuckles, Lussuria, Daisy, Shoichi Irie, Ginger Bread, Brow Nie Jr.
- Description: With it's attribute of Activation, it can speed up processes to an incredible rate, although difficult to use offensively, the activation is usually to power up the user or use as a healing agent. However the exception to this being Ryohei's 3 minute power-up.
- Appearance: Sun flames very much embody the activation attribute, in appearance as well as power. It's yellow all the way through and shines circles around the flame. They appear to be moving constantly, some times spiking and other times flowin
 Lightning (Fulmine)
- Colour: Green
- Characteristic: Solidification (Indurimento)
- Japanese Translation: Kaminari (电)
- Known Users: Lambo, Verde, Lampo, Ghost, Gamma, Template:Lin, Hayato Gokudera, Ganauche III
- Description: With the attribute of solidification, they can harden any object infused with the flames. The overall appearance is unique to this type of flame, because it too has been solidified and thus is make to look like electricity and as such it can be used to electrocute targets as opposed to burning them.
- Appearance: As the name would suggest, lightning flames have a lightning appearance to them. The center of the flame is slightly green tinted white, with the more solidified spikes a moderate green. They have a tendency to form round shapes with the sharper part flailing around, like how electricity is often times shown.
 Mist (Nebbia)
- Colour: Indigo
- Characteristic: Construction (Costruzione)
- Japanese Translation: Kiri (霧)
- Known Users: Chrome Dokuro, Mukuro Rokudo, Genkishi, Kawahira, Torikabuto, Lal Mirch, Fran, Viper, Kyoya Hibari, Daemon Spade, Bouche Croquant
- Ability: Construction
- Description: Mist flames are not only restricted to making Illusions, but they can construct them into solid and real objects.
- Appearance: Mist flames have a large off white center, which gradually darkens to an Indigo colour towards the edges. They gently flow but do not disappear like normal mist.
 Cloud (Nuvola)
- Colour: Purple
- Characteristic: Propogation (Propagazione)
- Japanese Translation: Kumo (云)
- Ability: Multiplication
- Known Users: Kyoya Hibari, Kikyo, Skull, Lal Mirch, Hayato Gokudera, Alaude, Nigella Beankabul, Visconti
- Description: Cloud flames or weapons have the ability to absorb flames in order to grow in size and multiply, if a human body is altered to attain the cloud flames, the human can also grow in size or multiply. Cloud flames can also be used as a sheild from attacks, as shown by Hibari during his battle with Genkishi.
- Appearance: Cloud Flames have a dark purple center, and a pale light purple for the rest of the Flame. Unlike Rain Flames, which have sharp oscillating spikes, Cloud Flames have small rounds of flame instead of points.
 Snow (Neve)
- Colour: White
- Characteristic: Immobilisation (Immobilizzazione)
- Japanese Translation: Unknown
- Ability: Immobilisation
- Known Users: Gelaro
- Appearance: Snow Flames vaguely looks like Mist Flames, though are much lighter in colour. The margins of the flame are gradually turning into a light blue color, also, there are some "sparkling" elements inside the flame
- At the start of the Katekyo Hitman Reborn series, there was no distinction in the flames other than Tsuna's Sky flame. The first person introduced with a different coloured Dying Will Flame was Basil, who donned a blue flame, later to be named a Rain Flame. Xanxus' flame is also different in shape in that he uses the Flame of Wrath.
- When Ryohei was shot with a Dying Will Bullet it was shown that his Dying Will Flame was Sky, as opposed to his actual flame being of Sun.
- Ironically, despite users of the Sky Flame being rare to find, there are one of the most common characters in the series.
- There is no Snow Flame that appears in the series, other than one Katekyo Hitman Reborn Game; Fate of Heat III: Yuki no Shugosha Raishuu!
- Gokudera is the only one shown to be able to channel five different flame types, although his original and most strongest is Storm.
- The Giegue Famiglia were defeated by an female mafiosi, who used a flame that wasn't one of the Seven Flames of Sky. It has been revealed by the Shimon Famiglia, who was also the culprit behind the defeat of the Giegue Famiglia, that the Flames that they use are known as the Seven Flames of the Earth, in contrast to the Vongola's Flames, which are known as the Seven Flames of the Sky. The currently known Earth Flames are the Earth (Enma Kozato), Glacier (Adelheid Suzuki), Desert (Julie Katou), Forest (Koyo Aoba), Mountain (Rauji Ooyama), and Swamp (P. Shitt) Flames. It is currently unknown what one of the names of the Seven Flames of Earth are (Kaoru Mizuno).
Last edited by 18.104.22.168 on 9 June 2013 at 21:37
This page has been accessed 12,705 times.
This page has been accessed 12,705 times.