| This article is a stub. You can help out by editing the page with more content.
- The enemies of the Silent Hill games are generally manifestations of guilt, fears, or regrets of one of the characters. Most, if not all, of the enemies in the Silent Hill games are greatly deformed.
|Silent Hill Enemies|
 Silent Hill 1 Enemies
The enemies of Silent Hill are manifestations of a character named Alessa. She was to give birth to 'God', due to a ritual her mother, Dahlia Gillespie, put her through in the prequel to the first Silent Hill, Silent Hill: Origins.
- These enemies look very similar to children. In fact, so much so that the PAL versions of the game were censored due to Harry being able to kill/harm them. You first meet these enemies in the alleyway you are led down in the beginning of the game. Once you reach the end of the alleyway, you are abushed by two Grey Children, and they knock you out. The only other place you see them is in the Midwich Elementary School. The Grey Children attack Harry by lunging forward and taking a firm grasp of Harry or by slashing him with their knives. They are manifestations of the children that teased and bullied Alessa in her school.
- These creatures look like giant teddy bears with deformed faces. The Mumblers replaced Grey Children in the PAL versions of the game, due to the Grey Children's appearance being too close to that of real children. They are seen in the same places as the Grey Children in the PAL version. Mumblers attack virtually the same way as Grey Children. The Mumblers represent evil monsters from the fairytales that Alessa was fond of.
- You first meet these guys in the cafe you wake up in after the Grey Children/Mumbler ambush. Once you pick up the Radio, an Air Screamer bursts through the window and attacks you. You can find Air Screamers all throughout the town of Silent Hill. Air Screamers attack by swooping down and clawing Harry. They are manifestations of a dinosaur from Alessa's favorite book, The Lost World.
- These are dog-like enemies that you encounter first in the alleyway you were ambushed by Grey Children/Mumblers in. They are very fast compared to the Grey Children/Mumblers and Air Screamers, and are sometimes hard to avoid. Groaners attack by taking a large leap towards Harry. They are manifestations of Alessa's fear of dogs.
- This is the 'Otherworld' version of the Air Screamer. You can first encounter these enemies when you first enter the Otherworld by entering the Clock Tower at the Midwich Elementary School. They attack in virtually the same way as the Air Screamers, the only difference being the amount of damage dealt by the Air Screamers is inferior to that of damage dealt by Night Flutters.
- This is the 'Otherworld' equivalent of the Groaners. You first meet these enemies when you enter the Clock Tower at the Midwich Elementary School. They attack in virtually the same way that the Groaners do, the only difference being the amount of damage dealt by the Groaners is inferior to that of the damage dealt by Wormheads.
- These shadowey figures are found in only one location throughout the entire game; this location being the Midwich Elementary School. Unlike all the other enemies in the game, the Larval Stalkers don't actually harm you at all. They are manifestations of Alessa's hatred of being mocked at school.
- This is the only enemy, aside of the Lying Figures and Pyramid Head, that appeared in more than one Silent Hill game. They appear to have mutated flesh forming a large hump on their back, which causes them to hunch over and move slowly (as opposed to later versions of the Nurses in Silent Hill: Origins and Silent Hill: Homecoming, which moved very quickly without hunching over). Puppet Nurses are found in the Alchemilla Hospital. They attack Harry by grabbing hold of his neck to strangle him, and by slashing him with the knives they carry. These are manifestations of the nurses that provided medical care for Alessa following the events of Silent Hill: Origins.
- These enemies are unique to the first Silent Hill game; there hasn't been a single male medical staff member in any other Silent Hill game. Puppet Doctors also have a large fleshy mass on their back which causes them to hunch over as they walk, and they are slower than the Puppet Nurses. As with the Nurses, the Puppet Doctors can be found in the Alchemilla Hospital, too. They attack in the same way that the Puppet Nurses do. These are manifestations of the doctors that provided medical care for Alessa following the events of Silent Hill: Origins.
- These monsters are the fastest land enemies in the first game, making them one of the hardest enemies to kill or avoid. They resemble apes and dash after Harry if they spot him. They attack by pinning Harry to the ground as they gnaw away at him, and by hitting Harry as they jump around. They are found around the Business District and Resort Area. Rompers are manifestations of Alessa's mangled ideas of adults and how they treat her.
- These grasshopper-like enemies are also very fast, dashing after Harry once he enters their line of sight. Some Hanged Scratchers hang docile into the sewers until Harry comes near them, which is when they jump down from the ceiling and start attacking. They attack by slashing at Harry once they're close, or jumping down on him if they're hanging on the ceiling. These creatures are found solely in the Sewers.
- These enemies highly resemble oversized beetles or cockroaches. They are found in both the first and second Silent Hill games, as well as the Silent Hill movie. Creepers are found in the Midwich Elementary School, the Alchemilla Hospital, and can be sometimes found outside as well. They attack by biting at Harry's legs, but a simple stomp is enough to take out one of them. They usually appear in swarms, so they can be a nuisance if running low on health or health items. Creepers are manifestations of Alessa's incessant fear of insects.