Shining Force II
|Shining Force II Banner|
|Shining Force II|
Shining Force II Box art
|Developer||Sonic! Software Planning|
|Release Date(s)|| Genesis|
JP October 1, 1993
EU October 3, 2008
NA October 6, 2008
|Platforms|| Sega Genesis|
Shining Force II is a tactical role-playing game where the player controls a nameable hero. The game is played upon a 2D field where the player may interact with NPCs, and objects to progress the story line.
Battles take place in tactical form where each character is allotted a turn, and a number of space to which they can move. Battle themselves are initiated by targeting an enemy and selecting the attack option. The screen will switch to an isometric view where the character will then perform the action selected. Magic may also be used in this fashion. Each unit has a specified class and as such will have a variety of options available to them. For example, a MAGE can cast magic from afar, whereas a PRST can heal their allies. Choosing where to move units, and how to take on the enemy needs to be carefully considered to ensure that no casualties are taken.
 Plot Synopsis
The plot of Shining Force II begins in the kingdom of Granseal, a prosperous kingdom that watches over the Tower of the Ancients -- An edifice that seals the demon, Zeon. On the introduction to the game, a stormy night heralds ill omen as a crash of lightning appears to strike the tower directly, throwing the sealed doors open and allowing the denizens to escape into the night. Superstitious as to what this might portend, the King of Granseal sends his aide to check on the damage whilst he waits in the throne room, which has recently been thrown into darkness by savage winds snuffing the candles.
In the absence of his minister, the King frets over what the possibility of the event could prove toward the kingdom of Granseal. As he is musing, a shadowy figure appears overhead, descending to rest before the man. The demonic form lashes out, encompassing the king in magic, and all the world goes black.
 Shining Force II News on GameGrep
- Details for White Knight Chronicles PSP Revealed (Nov 18, 2010)
- Neoseeker (Articles of Excellence): White Knight Chronicles Review (Aug 22, 2010)
- Get Ready for 5 New Game Announcements from Level-5 (Apr 14, 2010)
- Top 10 most downloaded dynamic themes so far in 2010 (Apr 01, 2010)
- All Age Gaming: White Knight Chronicles PS3 Review (Mar 29, 2010)
- Best Buy Reward Zone Coupons on Games for Second Half of March (Mar 18, 2010)
- New White Knight Chronicles 2 details (Mar 16, 2010)
- White Knight Chronicles 2 status update (Mar 12, 2010)
- White Knight Chronicles: "Mr. Nibbles" Viral Video (Feb 15, 2010)
- Kotaku: White Knight Chronicles Review (Feb 08, 2010)